Caverna Abismal Records (Prt) interview


Hi Nuno! Welcome on the pages of Tales Of The Morbid Butcher fanzine! You’re not unknown in Hungary, but you are a cool guy, so I want to support you with some additional promotion. How many interviews have you answered? Do you like answering questions or you better like to ask them?
Hello Dr.A! Thank you a lot for your support and for the opportunity given to be featured in the pages of Tales Of The Morbid Butcher. Surely I’m not so known in Hungary as my activities are mainly underground but once more thanks for the additional promotion. Well, usually it’s me who make the questions because as you well know my first and former activity was the fanzine I ran for some years, but so far I can tell you that I answered about an half-dozen of interviews, for


fanzines/webzines from three countries: Hungary, Portugal, Spain and Brazil. Yes, I like answering questions of course, it’s always grateful that at a certain extent some people got really interested on my activities. There’s probably many things related to the label/fanzine that people will understand in a better way after reading this interview so these kind of initiatives are always welcome. Thus, I was on your side for some years now so I will try not to make superficial and abstract answers in order to not bore all of you who actually read this shit.  

At first, let’s talk about your fanzine called Escritas do Subsolo. When have you decided to release a printed zine? What was your inspiration? Why did you chose that name and what does that mean?
Well, I’ve decided to make this fanzine during the year of 2007, while I was studying in Miskolc (Hungary), curiously. I was finishing my studies so I went back to Portugal for few months and that’s when I started to make some contacts, thinking on the type of fanzine I would like to make, etc. At the time I confess I wasn’t sure of the output I wanted to make. I wanted to exclusively support the bands I like and give my contribution to the underground. There are so many bands out there who amaze me so greatly. My favourite bands are unknown to mostly the people so why not to support them and expose them a little more? So, that is the motivation but the inspiration come directly from the bands. I found fascinating some topics developed and explored by some bands so I can tell you that the visual art and topics covered on the interviews are completely derived from the matters exposed by the bands. As I like to read, research and learn about different topics for me it was really cool to make the interviews, with a proper homework. The name is just an indicative to the reader. Escritas do Subsolo, in Portuguese, means something like Scrolls from the Underground, or Written on the Underground. That only means that the work developed on this fanzine is merely devoted to underground activities. As I’m also fascinated by underground natural structures, by its obscurity, darkness, coldness and loneliness I found that I could also use the name to set a visual art and concept. In this way, realize that every front cover is composed by a picture illustrating underground landscapes: a cave (Lillafüred, Hungary), the catacombs of Paris, the underground tunnels of Budapest and a Lava tunnel (Azores, Portugal).

The first issue was out during 2008. I really like its simple design and dark erudition. Did you have hard times with the editing or did you had any experiences? Which program do you use for editing? I like that you use loads of black.
Yeah, the first issue was out on the summer of MMVIII. As I said, I started writing and working on the fanzine in 2007. It took a lot more time than I thought it would need to make all the design arrangements, interviews, articles and reviews. The interviews were made rapidly and some bands cooperated really nicely but I took more time on the articles and on the design work. In fact I don’t use any professional software as you might think. I used Photoshop and Word, nothing else. I think that for what I compromised myself to do it wouldn’t require extended software knowledge or whatsoever. I’m used to work with what I have so I didn’t even bother to learn other editing programmes in order to have something more professional. If I were back to 2008 I would do exactly the same. The artwork is something important for me. The fact that you find loads of black everywhere is only a set of mind. The spirit that you need to read those lines is introspective, depressive, obscure, evil. You can’t have that kind of spirit with pinky colours, as simple as that. Black is my favourite colour and will always be. Furthermore, the fanzine is printed out in black/white so I definitely had to use those colours.

In the first issue had only two pages of critics. Why? Haven’t you received enough promotional material or you weren’t qualified enough with critics? Do you chose albums for critics from your own collection? I personally try to write about as many releases as possible.
Firstly, I didn’t receive promotional material for reviews or whatever. I only reviewed things that I found interesting at the time. You may find it odd but the large spectrum of genres you find on that small reviews section is only a reflection of my tastes. I never wanted to limit any kind of genre I like in the fanzine so I just have chosen what I found exciting on that time. To be honest I don’t remember why I made only two pages dedicated to reviews, but I guess I was a bit lazy and naïve. Nowadays I believe that the reviews are one of the most important part of a fanzine because is where you have an opinion and a fast preview of an album. A pre selection can be of importance if you really trust a person’s taste. Nowadays, with thousands of bands releasing stuff this kind of help is precious in order to have hints of quality. About the following issues I made a lot more reviews and I think the number of albums reviewed increased from issue to issue. On the following issues I chose albums I worshipped, others that I received to review and materials that I got my hands on because all the trades I was doing at the time. In every review I tried to make a description of the music, what views and landscapes it transmitted to me, what kind of feelings I experienced, what is the context involved, etc, and I never attributed a single grade because I believe what you read in the reviews is only a consequent judgment of an individual that can have completely different tastes from yours. So if I just could describe the music I would be actually telling you what you want to know. If I would grade the reviews, you would surely fall on the temptation of trusting on the grades without reading a single word of it. On the other hand, what can I tell you with things like: “This music is shit, don’t buy it”? …Anything. It’s just a single phrase that doesn’t say anything at all about the music you are reviewing.


Please make a list of the bands that you have interviewed in the first issue. Did you had any conception or it was spontaneous to chose them? How much do you think of the questions? Do you have any strategies for the interview questions?
The first issue featured interviews with Marblebog, Hunok, Balmog, Concealment, In The Umbra, Slidhr, Exile, Gwydion, Remmirath, Epping Forest, Sombre Labyrinthe, Dark Forest, Omitir and Mons Lvnae. I didn’t have at the time a specific concept to choose the bands. I just invited bands that I liked at the time that’s all. Neverthless, you may find on this issue mainly black metal with few exceptions. Well, I always try to make the interview the most interesting and appealing as possible. I tried to avoid those boring and repetitive questions and went a bit into the music, philosophy and culture of the band. Those were my focal points in every interview I made. Sometimes I deviated a bit the conversation to particular matters or aspects but I think that’s how you can make good interviews. Some bands like those have rare opportunities to express themselves so my main goal is to make every interview as remarkable as possible. 

When I got my copy of the first issue (from Balázs Káger) it was a nice surprise to find out that the cover picture shows a Hungarian natural phenomena. Why did you chose that cover? Later on, I was told that you have a Hungarian wife, maybe that was the cause. Are you interested in Hungary’s history or nature? What experiences do you have? What do you like and what you don’t?
I started to think about the fanzine during my first visits to Hungary and in one of those visits I had the opportunity to visit Lillafüred, the lake and the karstic caves. As I’m an affectionate in dark and obscure nature and in underground structures like those, I found that it would make a lot sense to place a picture of those caves in the frontcover of the first issue, given the conceptual visual art of the fanzine, explained before. The fact is that I do have a Hungarian wife and moreover, my experience with Hungary doesn’t resumes only to Tourism. I knew my wife in Portugal but she had to go back to Hungary few time after. So I went studying to Miskolc for few months. After that I decided to stay in Hungary and lived there for some time. Nowadays, I’m living in Portugal but I’m bounded to Hungary for several reasons, specially because half of my family is now Hungarian. Naturally I’m very interested in Hungary’s culture and history, places and nature. I believe that Hungary fits on my personality in many ways so I really enjoyed to live there. Of course there are things that I don’t find particularly attractive but I can live well with those things. Portugal is not a perfect country to live either so… You could also realize that my fanzine includes articles. My first tribute to my experience in Hungary was a biography of Attila and the Huns. You can find it split in two issues, the first about the Huns and the second about Attila. An important part of history that plays only a small episode to Hungary but an important role on Europe’s future.

The first issue was printed in 300 copies. Is that still available? What responses did you got for that? Any negative critics? Which countires have you reached with that?
The first issue is now completely sold out. So sold out that I don’t even have a copy of my own. With so many moves from country to country I just realized recently that I lost my own copy! Yeah, I got many negative critics, specially about two or three things: the chosen bands, the short reviews section and the English level. But I have a comment to all those critics: FOAD! A fanzine is a fanzine, not a professional media publication for the masses. So if you want to read about pussy bands and faggots with leather pants and theatrical shows you will be searching on the wrong place. But on the other hand I got support from some countries and people that I correspond till today. Thankfully to this devotion I made friends and enemies that fulfil my life like I never thought it would so. I managed to have Escritas do Subsolo spread in North and South America, Europe and Asia so I could not wish better.

The second issue was released in 2009 on 48 pages. You had some support by Vercingétorix (Egg of Nihilism Prod., Blood… Fire… Wrath… ’zine) from the first issue. What should we know about him? Tell us about him and his works!
He’s the man behind the label Egg of Nihilism Productions and the fanzine Blood…Fire…Wrath. He helped to make some interviews and 2 articles on the first 2 issues. That’s all! You can read more about him in an interview made to Egg of Nihilism published in the last issue.


How much time have passed between the two releases? Why was that so slim? Didn’t you have enough material? Or maybe just I am the one who can’t get enough. I love long fanzines on 70-80 pages.
Between the 2 releases there was a gap of about a year. I think that even if I wanted I would never manage to release more than 1 issue per year. The fanzine was not slim but just the enough. If I have 10 interviews I’m not going to increase the letter font-size just to have more pages. Yes I could have had more bands interviewed but I remember at the time about 5 or 6 bands didn’t answer the questions so…I just decided to close the number and release what I’ve got. But looking back, I don’t see that as a problem. I have great interviews published on that number, like The Stone, Decayed, Deathrow, Graveyard or Vulturine. The conceptual art was just the same, and it included a lot more reviews than the previous number. Besides that included more two articles. I also like thick fanzines but only if the quality is good. Is not the case of Tales of the Morbid Butchers but there are some thick fanzines out there that only made me loose my precious time.

The number of critics had increased a bit and you started to write about all three formats, which I like really much. Did you write the critics all by yourself? Can you write easily, or is that some hard-to-do thing for you? Sometimes it’s very challenging for me with some releases, but I enjoy it. Have you received a material that you wanted to just throw away? Do you write about every promotional material you get?
Yeah, I got the help of my friend Lord Baalberith to make some reviews in the issue #2 and #3. Vercingétorix made only one review for issue #2. Besides them, I made all the other reviews. I can write easily a review and I like it of course, but the thing that mainly turns the things upside down is when you have to listen to crappy stuff that you wouldn’t listen ever if it wasn’t the fanzine. I always had the feeling that I wanted to make reviews only to the bands and albums I wanted and liked, i.e., material that I believe that deserves to be featured. At a certain point, I lost control of it and I confess that sometimes listening to some promos was a hard job to do, so answering your question, yes, there’s a lot stuff I just wanted to smash with a hammer and turning it into dust! But on the other hand I also had the opportunity to get to know great acts from bands that I never heard before, and when that happens you just have the feeling that all this hard work is very worthy!

Please enlist the bands from the second issue! The number of pages have increased, but it was printed in just 200 copies. Why? Wasn’t there any demand or you couldn’t afford more?
The entities interviewed were: The Stone (SER), The Wizard of Doom (SWE), Decayed (POR), Graveyard (SPA), Vorkuta (HUN), Nekrogoat Heresy/War Flagellation Productions (POR), Undersave (POR), Vulturine (BRA), Deathrow (ITA), Vérzivatar (HUN). The reason why I only printed 200 copies of the #2 is simple to explain. Today, after 5 years of publishing it I still have copies available on my distro. So, why should I spend resources on something that doesn’t have enough public? The curious thing is that #1 sold out faster! Anyway, I still think 200 copies, for a professional printing was a good choice. For the next issues, as they aren’t printed professionally I limited the edition to 300 handnumbered copies. I print and handnumber the zines on demand. When the number reaches 300 I will not print anymore from it.

A year later the third issue was out, but with poorer design. It was sad to see that you left the professionally printed cover, but, on the other hand, it was printed in 300 copies again. As an outsider, it seems that you also have some financial hardships. Is that hard to  run a fanzine like this on nowadays’s world?
The answer is on the previous question. But I can tell you that the design is not poorer. What you mean is the printing. In fact the design is exactly the same, the visual concept is just the same so, nothing is different on it, except the printing. But do you really need a professional printing to read a good interview? I know, it looks better, indeed, but besides that, nothing’s different. In the 90’s, would you tell an old-school editor that you rather read a printed zine? Of course not, the zines where crafted hardly enough to have that awesome miserable looking! Well, for me it’s just a matter of mindset. As long as the fanzine is readable, well printed, with a good content and with good bands I think that the professional printing is not an obligatory demand.

This issue was the first that included recensions about other fanzines. Why haven’t you done that before? I think fanzine critics are essential in underground journalism.
I just found myself in a point to make reviews on other’s works around that time. Before that I had only 2 issues published. I didn’t have the need to do it before neither the reason.

Can you enlist the bands included in the third issue? And tell us everything important about that release! There was also a version written in Portuguese. What can we know about this? Why have you made this version?
The list of bands included are: Taaken - Odal, Wolfsschrei, Aske, Seelengreif, Salvation666 (Ger), Veér (Hun), Riddle of Meander (Gre), Cripta Oculta (Por), Celtic Dance (Por), Arkenstone (Por), Bruma Obscura (Por), Eterna Penumbra (Spa), Convivial Hermit Magazine (USA), KRV (Bih), Evil (Bra) and Age of Agony (Hun). Honestly, I think this issue together with the forth issue were the most mature and closest of what I wanted to do in first place. The only minus for me was the Xerox printing instead of the professional media. Anyway, the interview to Taaken was a great deal because I and Vercingetorix managed to make an interview together, asking almost everything you could ask about him and his most important bands. Herein, hats off to Taaken for the great professionalism and character for answering to every fucking question! Then finally I got an interview with Veér. I’m a great fan and friend of these guys and I couldn’t miss the chance of having a chat with them. I don’t know why their album really marked me at the time, and I still think about it with great joy. Another thing that I can bold here is the group of Portuguese bands included: Bruma Obscura, Celtic Dance, Arkenstone and Cripta Oculta. I wanted to interview a remarkable number of Portuguese bands related to the article Pre-Roman Lusitanian, so the reader could have not only an insight view of some topics explored by these bands but also different points of view and opinions, careers etc of the bands. Unfortunately some of these kind of bands in Portugal apparently show little respect by fanzines, or judge themselves too important to even dare to answer whether they would like to be interviewed or not. I found that attitude extremely disappointing to be honest. Anyway, I’m here to highlight the positive things and those are definitely the bands I mentioned before. All of them exposed their ideas and concepts, experiences and musicality. I was really pleased by their answers and cooperation. Hails to them! About the rest of the bands, I just can say they were a good bunch of people and I got quite satisfied with the final work. This issue included a Portuguese version only with the Portuguese bands and article because I made the interviews in our language so I decided to award the Portuguese readers with this small annex where they could read those interviews in their own language, that’s all! 

In 2011 the fourth issue was released but it wasn’t followed by any new issues. Why haven’t you released any new issues for three years? Please enlist the contents of the fourth issue!
Here’s the list: Annthennath (Fra), Mandatory (Ger), Egg of Nihilism Productions (Por), Drünken Bastards (Hun), Einsamtod (Svk), Empty (Spa), Mandibula (Por), Dér (Hun), Entrails (Swe), Cult of Erinyes (Bel), The Frost (Cro), Grotesque Communion (Bra). 
Yeah, I haven’t released any other number for the simple reason that I didn’t feel like doing another issue of Escritas do Subsolo. I wanted to make something different and I was not sure if I would continue activities with Escritas do Subsolo. I gave some time out to it to think about while my activity with Caverna Abismal Records intensified a little more. 

When will you release the next issue? If I can remember well, i’ve heard that you’re going to start a new fanzine. Is that true? If yes, tell us about that!
Well, the truth is that I don’t know. I left Escritas do Subsolo lying down on the grave but I don’t consider it completely dead yet. For now I just focused my efforts on the label and distro and if I would do something like a fanzine that would be something else. So yes, it’s true, I am preparing a new fanzine called The Catacombs, and is going to be devoted only to rotten, filthy, old school Death Metal. This is my main idea: interviews only (sorry, no time to reviews)!  I already have some interviews ready and answered but I don’t want to advance any name now, I just don’t want to spoil the surprise completely! This fanzine is going to be printed in a different format, and besides that is going to have a website with all the published interviews. That part is already on the works and some news will be available as soon as possible!

It’s a big pleasure that there are always some Hungarian bands in your ’zine. There were at least one interview with a Hungarian band in every issue, it’s very good for the Hungarian UG. Which are your favourite Hungarian bands? Are we known in Portugal? Are they interested in Hungarian music?
Well yeah! I fucking love Hungarian UG and I have a strong bond to it so as long I exist I will be interested in Hungarian music. Presently my favourite Hungarian bands are Sear Bliss (early), Marblebog, Hexenwood, Hunok, Veér, Vorkuta, Drünken Bastards (early), Gravecrusher, Dög, Necrosodomy, Age of Agony, Kolp, Dér, Coffinborn, Tyrant Goatgaldrakona, Dusk, Morbid Carnage, etc etc. A big surprise for many people would be for example The Moon and the Nightspirit from whom I’m a great fan as well! Eheh, regarding the second part of the question, to be honest the Hungarian UG is not known here, even for Hungarians living in Portugal (I do know a few). There are a bunch of guys who indeed know a few things like for example The Inner Awakening Circle but the general underground community doesn’t follow. The most famous bands here I guess they Sear Bliss, Ektomorf, Bornholm, and others maybe (no, Republik is not included!!!). Some people do know Gravecrusher/Necrosodomy and Veér because of the distribution made here but unfortunately the promotion of other Hungarian releases is weak and people tend to follow trends and big label’s bands as any other country.

Some years ago you have started Caverna Abismal Records. What’s the story behind this? What was the main point of starting a label? If I’m right you made 12 releases. Tell us about these! Which is your favourite?
I guess I started the label for the same reasons as anybody else: the taste and passion of releasing music from bands you like and support. I wasn’t expecting any income from it, and in the first few years the financial balance was quite negative actually ahah! So far I made 15 releases but probably by the time you are reading this interview I made a few more. My first release was a tape from a Hungarian band called Selonath. The tape format still today is one of my favourite formats. The first CD was also a Hungarian band! Veér! I still love this band since the first time I saw them live in Budapest! By the way, if the things will go on the right direction, their new album is going to be released by me and my friend Balázs, just like it was on their debut album! I’m really excited actually! I thought this moment would never come again. Later on, I had also the chance to release a 7’’EP of Frostmoon Eclipse so this was my only experience in vinyl so far. I don’t do it is not because I don’t like it, no, it’s just because I’ve learned to keep the financial balance of the label on positive track and I would like to keep it that way, if you know what I mean! Eheh, anyway, things are different now. The label got a bit more mature and I think it got some respectable releases that made me to be more selective when it comes to choosing the bands on which I invest. I want to release more vinyl but I’m just waiting for the right moment to kick off for good on that format. For now tapes and CDs are the formats I work with most often and I feel quite comfortable with it. For me alone is still difficult to invest large amounts of money in vinyl which always have a slow return. Regarding the last part of your question, I don’t have a favourite release and even if I would I couldn’t say which one it is! I could say all of them have a different story and all of them represent something special to me. For the next releases, please watch out for Praise The Flame (black/death metal band from Chile), Vulturine (for me is the best black metal band from Brazil), Stav (great black/death from France), Diabolical Messiah (death metal from the impure Chilean underground), Ravensire (classic heavy metal from Portugal!), Festering (old school death metal from Portugal) and hopefully Veér (with the new album in early 2015). Besides that a second press of Sartegos’ tape is out (in November 2014).

Tell us about the UG in Portugal! How’s the things going at you? Do you have an overall cohesion? Tell us about the bands, labels, ’zines!
The UG in Portugal is a bit small in my opinion. There’s not so much people listening to metal as there are in Hungary, for example. Nowadays I believe we have really cool and good bands but if you’d start checking the musician names you’d see that it’s all the time the same guys, AHAH!! Of course this is a bit of exaggeration but it’s not too far from the truth. Here you have few gigs and festivals throughout the year but the affluence of people is getting smaller and smaller. The festivals are always crowed and I suppose that’s a good thing. Regarding UG gigs the reality is quite different. I’ve had the chance to attend concerts of, for instincts, Hobbs Angel of Death, Negura Bunget, Unaussprechlichen Kulten, etc, with 15-30 people in the room. It’s quite shameful and I’m not sure yet why it happens, especially if you compare with the attendance in other countries, where they play to hundreds of people. I know people in Portugal is going through a serious financial crisis (I do feel it also) and they don’t have enough money to afford all the bills etc, but…is this the only reason? I don’t think so. I do believe that the great majority here only pays attention to mainstream and do follow the trends. But, are these guys united? Yeah, I think so! HAHA! Speaking about the bands, I can strongly recommend really good exceptions to the rule that makes me proud of being Portuguese: you have to check Filii Nigrantium Infernalium! I know, it’s a long name, it’s hard to say but after trying three times you will be able to tell it correctly!! These guys really rule! Then you have good active bands like Perpetratör (thrash), Ironsword (heavy doom), Ravensire (heavy metal), Midnight Priest (heavy), Dawnrider (doom), Decayed (black/thrash), Underneath (death), Corpus Christii (black), Mandibula (thrash), Ossarivm (death), Martelo Negro (punk thrash), Motörpenis (thrash), Grog (grind death), Holocausto Canibal (grind), Undersave (brutal death), Inquisitor (speed thrash), Process of Guilt (doom), Before The Rain (doom), The Unholy (heavy metal), Dragon’s Kiss (heavy), Irae (black), Alastor (thrash black), A Tree of Signs (retro doom), Cripta Oculta (black),The Sorcerer (black), Dementia 13 (death), Desire (doom), Goatfükk (black/thrash), InThyFlesh (black) etc (I could name so much more but I really don’t want to make you tired!). Of course then you have thousands of other more mainstream-like stuff that doesn’t really call my attention.
Labels, yeah we have some worth to mention: Chaosphere, Raging Planet, War Productions, Heavy Steel, A Forja, HelldProd, Universal Tongue, Nekrogoat Heresy Prods., Escaravelho Rec., Altare Prod., Bleak Recordings, War Arts Prod., Nordavind Rec, Firecum Rec., Blood and Iron, Herege Warfare Prod., Vomit Your Shirt, Murder Rec., etc. All of them have cool things and of course depends on your favourite genre. About fanzines I have to say that we are not so productive like we were in the past. Presently, there’s only a handful of active fanzines in Portugal, from which I congratulate my friends Nuno and Inês from the Metal Horde fanzine, the most active fanzine makers I ever knew!! Hat’s off for them! Then you have some others still active like Gourmet Roadkill, Prophetical, Ghost Kommand, etc

Do you have other hobbies besides UG music-relates things? What’s your wife’s oppinion about this hobby? Is that a hobby or a lifestyle? Do you often go to concerts? If yes, do you bring your distro with you?
Hm…I really don’t have any other hobby! I don’t make sports, I don’t smoke, I don’t collect keychains neither sugar bags, and I can’t bare Formula 1! Fuck, I must be such an asshole! Ahah! I do like to travel! I like wine and I like to get drunk! Ahah!! I love history, arts, movies and food! But I can’t really say that I have other hobbies. And I can’t really say that music is a hobby to me, it’s more a lifestyle definitely. I spend more time with music on the daily basis than I spend working! Ahah!! My wife just love me the way I am as I love her the same way. It’s hard to explain because she doesn’t like metal, and don’t even pay attention to other kinds of music but we have a lot in common. Music is a lifestyle for me but I can do anything and live the same way as everybody does! I try to go to concerts as much as I can, usually between 1 and 4 per month. Sometimes I do have the distro with me but lately I’m not bothering to do it because people just don’t buy anything. So I just relax, drink, talk freely and walk around on the concerts and watch properly the bands I want. That’s the way I like it. 

What kind of gig-attender are you? Are you just watching the show, listening or do you start partying and headbanging in the first row? I’m in the second group
I’m a shy guy!! Ahaha!! I like to be on the first row but I’m not much into mosh pits and whatsoever.. I like headbanging of course, but that also depends on the band. I rarely headband in a black metal concert but I can break my neck in a death metal concert.

What kinds of music do you listen to? Tell some of your actual favourites! Do you listen to other kinds of music besides metal? How big is your collection? Which format do you prefer? Do you collect all three formats?
Some of my actual all time favourites that comes to my mind are Emperor (old), Amorphis (old), Samael (old), Watain, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/Triptykon, Paradise Lost (old), Sepultura (old), Immortal, Entombed, Darkthrone, Burzum, Benediction, Sear Bliss, Resurrection, Moonspell (old), Bathory, Rotting Christ (old), etc. I guess the usual stuff.
For more recent stuff I’ve been amazed by Bölzer, Grave Miasma, Dead Congregation, Teintanblood, Domains, Sartegos, Proclamation, Possession, Inquisition, Unaussprechlichen Kulten, Von, Perpetratör, Filii Nigrantium Infernalium, Weapon, Diabolical Messiah, Malthusian, Death Strike, Alchemyst, Communion, Iron Dogs, Blut Aus Nord, Desecresy, Ascended, Manifesting, Cult of Erinyes, Engulfed, Sabbat, ZOM, Anhedonist, Cruciamentum, Krypts, etc (there are so many!)
Besides metal I also enjoy other genres yes. I like folk, neo-folk and pagan music. I like Dead Can Dance for instincts. I also like Classic music but I’m not an expert on it. 
I like any format! Fuck narrow minded people!! All the three formats are great for me! But my collection cannot even be called a collection because it doesn’t even reach the 3000 titles yet.

Do you care for the news from around the World? What is your opinion about overpopulation? What do you think of the fact that slowly every natural habitat turns into concrete jungle and everything is vanquished by mankind?
This is a so complex question that would give pages and pages of dissertation. What I think is that human beings evolved onto an unsustainable manner of life and their lifestyle developed in way that will destroy many beautiful and unique things in nature. But on the other hand I truly believe that humans will disappear one day and Earth will prevail, reinvent itself and create another dominant species to rule the planet for another cycle. It has been working this way for too many millions of years to be changed now by humans whose rule only for a blink of an eye in astronomical time. Other species will rule and disappear again and again till the sun dies and then yes: Darkness, Coldness and Infinity will rule forever!

How much do you care about not polluting the environment? Is mankind’s end sealed or do we have any chance left?
I do care about it and I do try to make my ecological footprint as minimal as possible. But I do also believe that mankind doesn’t have a chance living this way. Since the moment men stopped to have natural predators the only serious treat are the microorganisms and the mankind itself. Overpopulation, starvation, greed, politics, decrease of life quality, etc will dictate the final days of humanity and rats, cockroaches and worms will continue here to tell the story. The best adapted are the best fit and men will just accelerate a cycle to end with all the disgrace of this planet. You can care with pollution now but that will not make any difference in a long term. The end is definitely a certain thing and the time is the only ruler on this matter. 

What do you think about the fearless animal-right activists? I’m a carnivore too, I really like meat but I think there should be some limit for this brutal massacre.
I also think there’s limits and I also believe it’s just a matter of culture. If you would born on a mean where meat is not seen as food, then you wouldn’t desire it. But then if you’d just eat vegetables you’d have another guys fighting for the rights of the plants! I stopped thinking too much on these matters because the world turned so fucked up that you wouldn’t sleep a minute if you’d try to solve everything by your own. You would kill yourself instead. I just try to be as fair as possible to nature, eat varied food but stand still against unfair and unnecessary situations like the whale hunting. Sustainable development is the key. If you want to eat meat with minimum prejudice to nature then I guess the best you have to do is to eat chicken!!! AHAHA. Killing wild animals is the problem, not chicken!

Maybe the questions were average but will help to spread your name across Hungary. Thank you for accepcting the interview-request and I hope that we will have the chance to meet personally! My English is not perfect but if I have a few drinks it will be better.  I wish you all the best! The last words are up to you!
I really thank you for making this enormous interview and for all the support! Also thanks for waiting so long for the answers! Don’t worry with your English, my Hungarian is not better! And to understand each other there’s nothing better than a bottle of Pálinka to solve the problem. Check up the latest news on the label through the website http://cavernaabismal.blogspot.com or listen and check up our releases in the bandcamp. There will be some serious action soon and if you’re reading this fanzine then I’m sure you will enjoy at least some of the editions. Also, if you have a band please do not hesitate to contact me and show me your stuff, maybe I will be interested in releasing something. Keep the flame alive! Avé!


Interview by Dr.A.